One of the best pieces of advice I heard before I got pregnant with my first child was not to buy too many toys for my kids because, well, they outgrow them at such a fast rate.
So, when my first baby was born, I only bought her a couple of dangly toys until she turned 6 months. By that time she had become more aware of her environment and needed to explore new things. That’s when I started taking her to a morning class each weekend, where she had the chance to play with toys that were adequate for her age.
In those classes, I started to learn about the right toys to buy for her, based on her age and needs. With this, both my daughter and I were truly happy. My daughter because she was enjoying the toys that she received, and me… well, because my house was not invaded by tons of useless toys.
If you’ve known me for a while you’d know that I happen to be a big fan of having autonomous kids, because I don’t like to carry around the burden of a spoiled child. So I made sure that I introduced my daughter to new skills every time I believed she was ready.
That’s how I developed a passion for educative learning where she thought that we were having fun with a new game, underscored by my agenda of teaching her a new skill.
Fast forward till today, I have now a second baby who is ready to explore the world and, to date, I have not bought him many toys, partly because he still has some that he inherited from his sister, and partly because I still want to have as few toys as possible.
The truth is, kids don’t need to have that many toys to be happy. They just need to learn how to play with them, and sometimes they want someone to enjoy those toys with.
A great solution for moms like me is a toy box like Bizzybox that has all the toys that a child may need in a year. My favorite reason for liking this box so much is because it was created by Shannon Michelle MacDonald, a mom who wanted to teach her daughter in a fun environment.
And let’s face it, no one is ever going to know what a mom truly needs other than another mom.
I’m sharing below some of the toys which were available in the Bizzybox that my son received but, before I do, I would like to share some of my other thoughts about the box:
- It is a great starting point for new moms who are not sure what to buy for their kids in their first year;
- It is also a great gift for new moms who, I’m sure, will LOVE you for it!
- The box is valid for an entire year, so you don’t exactly need to keep purchasing a new one every now and then; this also works pretty well in terms of budget;
- Toys don’t need to be introduced all at once, you can do that gradually as your kid grows and is ready to explore new things;
- Some of the toys are handmade, so they’re not exactly the type of traditional toys that you would find in stores, but rather the kind that are used to teach kids about their environment;
- There are three different boxes available for the first three years of your child’s life; the prices of each box are shown at the bottom of this post;
- Shannon (the founder) is a very approachable person, and she’s ready to assist you in customizing your box if there is a need;
- Boxes for multiple children are available, so moms of twins, triplets (or more) won’t need to purchase several boxes. Instead, they will have one box with double of all the items that can’t be easily shared, at a minimal price;
- Each box comes with a guide that directs moms how they can use the different toys inside;
Here are some photos which show the toys that my son received in Bizzybox:
- First Year Box (0-12 months) AED 249
- Second Year Box (12-24 months) AED 299
- Third Year Box (24-36 months) AED 299
Confidential Mommy Talks readers can benefit from a 50 AED reduction when the code CMT50 is given. Valid until 31 March 2018.
Delivery cost is calculated on the website based on your location. Cash on delivery is accepted in the UAE and free collections are accepted from JBR.
And if you’d like to keep being updated with news from Bizzybox, you can follow Shannon on Facebook and on Instagram @bizzyboxshop
One more thing: if you know of a mom who might benefit from Bizzybox, please share this post with her; she’ll Love you for it.
N.B. I’d hate to see you leave now and never come back to this site. If you’d love to hear more from me, click here to subscribe to my newsletter.