Growing up, I thought all parents came from a different century and I promised myself that I would never become like them. So now that I’ve became a mom, I decided to stick to my old believes – because it’s important to be consistent in life.
I drafted for myself a list of 10 ideas to make sure that I won’t fail myself. If you find yourself wanting to be the cool mom too, all you have to do is print that list and put every point into practice.
So here are some ideas that you must implement if you want for your kids to truly see you as the coolest mom ever!
- Food. You need to be very flexible with food. Alternation is important. Consistency as well. So try sticking to 2-3 dishes that you switch every other day. Hamburger is good. Pizza is amazing. You can also try spaghetti and / or nuggets, but that should be it. You do not need to have a very elaborate and sophisticated menu. And you should definitely take out all fruits and veggies from the list. That’s not good for your image as a cool mom.
- Studying. Absolutely not! This is not required, unless your kids really ask for it (which let’s face it, will never happen). So basically, don’t mention it ever. Oh! And their grades? Who cares about that! Cool moms have more important things to worry about.
- Video Games. Well, this one is easy. Video games can take as long as your kids want, and while they’re at it, join them! Remember, as they’re not studying, they still have to fill their time with other things and video games are very important in teaching them how to reach their goals (like reaching higher scores). It can also teach them social skills, such as competing with their friends. By the way, cool moms never mention competition, but they surely love for their kids to be successful (because of their coolness of course).
- Screen time. This goes along with point #3. Basically, the more the better.
- Hygiene. It’s not like hygiene is not important. Of course, cool moms still like for their kids to apply the basic hygiene, but they don’t force them to do so. Remember that cool moms need to remain friendly and funny. So if your kids are against having a bath or brushing their teeth tonight, you can turn your face and pretend you didn’t hear them, or joke about something else (that works as well).
- 30 highly effective ideas for raising an incredibly spoiled toddler
- My love and hate relationship with my new boss
- Now, say “you’re doing a good job”
- This fabulous mom has the life of your dreams
- 7 magical steps to handle toddler tantrums
- Language. Cool moms don’t control their kids’ language. They let them talk as they feel like. So if your kids start using adult words, don’t stop them. Let their creative mind explore the different words of the English vocabulary. And if they swear in Spanish? Well, that’s even better. It’s good to be bilingual.
- Fashion. Is the most important part of a tweenager and teenager’s life. Let them dress as they feel like. Remember: no barriers. Self-expression is important for young kids.
– Your 10 year old daughter wants to get a piercing on her belly? Let her enjoy it!
– Your 13 year old son wants to get his first tattoo? That’s absolutely fine.
– Someone wants to color their hair pink before their 8th birthday? Sure, let them do it! Hair color is not that bad for their scalp.
– How about those super mini-skirts? Well guess what? That’s a fabulous style, let your girls enjoy it.
- Punishment. What is this anyway? As a cool mom, you’ve never (ever) heard of this before. Keep this in mind.
- Smart phones. Your kids must have one on their 6th birthday! That’s very important for their self image (and yours as well), so make sure to add this point on your list. Make sure to tell all your friends about it too. Oh! And post it on Facebook while you’re at it. This way you let the whole universe know about it.
- Vacatons. Yes, constantly. As a matter of fact school is only important to meet and mingle with other people, but education and studying don’t really matter. So make sure to take your kids away as much as you can. Let them explore the world, discover new things. After all, this too counts as education right?
So there you go. These are just 10 points that I’ve had the chance to add on my list to remind myself how to maintain the image of a cool mom (there are definitely much more than that, but this is a good starting point).
P.S.: You need to implement at least 8 of them to impress your kids and let them label you as the coolest mom ever.
Note: this post contains affiliate links. For more information on affiliate links please refer to the Disclosure on the Terms and Conditions page.
Like what you’re reading? Pin it and save it for later so you can get the important woman in your life a gift that she will love anytime of the year (and not just on mother’s day).